- Bush Foundation: Supports water programs in Minnesota and other areas of the central U.S.
- Clean Water Fund: It's Watershed to Watertap programs combine action and education for clean and safe water in neighborhoods around the country.
- Food and Water Watch: Supports healthy food and water and the public's right to accurate labeling and clean, affordable, publicly owned water.
- H20conserve.org: How much water do you use each day? Calculate your personal water use.
- Living Lands & Waters: Aids in the protection, preservation and restoration of the natural environment of the U.S.'s major rivers and their watersheds.
- McKnight Foundation: Uses its resources to maintain and restore a healthy environment in the Mississippi River basin; and to combat global climate change by supporting policies and practices that promote low-carbon prosperity.
- Natural Resources Defense Council: The Natural Resources Defense Council's purpose is to safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.
- One Drop Foundation: Established by Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberte to provide drinking water in poor nations.
- Pacific Institute: Our aim is to find real-world solutions to problems like water shortages.
- Safe Drinking Water is Essential: Aimed at international decision-makers. Produced by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, the Global Health and Education Foundation and science, engineering and medical academies worldwide.
for People: Helps people around the world address basic water,
sanitation and hygiene needs.
- Water for Sudan:
Raises money to drill water wells in civil war devastated sections
- Water Research Foundation: sponsors research to enable water utilities, public health agencies, and other professionals to provide safe and affordable drinking water to consumers. Close to 900 water utilities worldwide currently subscribe to the Foundation. In addition, more than 50 water-related consulting firms and manufacturing companies are subscribers.
- Xeriscape Council of New Mexico: Offers education and training about water conservation, primarily through efficient irrigation of xeriscaping utilizing native and other low-water plants.